Hours: 1st shift-Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Work closely with Purchasing, Production Planner, Production Supervision, Quality and the Materials Organization to plan and coordinate receipt and inventory of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all activities related to new product introductions, phase out programs and engineering changes are carried out on time and accurately to avoid obsolescence.
- Avoid line stoppages due to component shortages
- Be a team player with all materials areas as well as other departments to ensure issues are resolved promptly to maintain customer satisfaction.
- In conjunction with Plant Manager, develops, recommends and implements measures to improve material flow throughout the facility
- Work to reduce premium freight charges on all incoming material
- Review component order policies and delivery policies to optimize inventory levels of key items
- Analyze raw material inventory to determine obsolete items for consignment and/or scrap.
- Be a team member to work on the successful implementation of a supplier rating program.
- Develop appropriate reports and procedures to simplify inter-department communications pertaining to material issues/ shortages and possible stock outs
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with electronics manufacturing a plus
- Working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Successful completion of Lean training by a qualified agency desired.
Education and Experience:
· Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with a minimum of two years’ experience in a related field