Provide a full range of secretarial, clerical and administrative support to legal staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Scheduling depositions, site inspections, hearings, closings and meetings for lawyers and other legal staff.
• Preparing legal documents and notices, and updating transactions.
• Microsoft Office savvy
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail
• Routine exchange of documents (release, dismissal stipulations, W9, etc, as necessary)
• Prepare settlement sheets outlining attorney fees, costs, liens, etc.
• Prepare correspondence (disbursements) enclosing payment for liens and for any referral fees
• Routine trial prep – organization of exhibits, coordination of witnesses, etc.
• planning and organizational skills
• able to adapt to changing priorities and demands
• strong verbal and written communication skills
• attention to detail and accuracy
• sound judgment and decision-making skills
• information collection and management
• able to effectively handle sensitive and confidential information
• ability to work effectively as part of a team
• able to work well under pressure